Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Surprise Party!!

Jameson's birthday was on Thursday and since he was turning 30 I decided to surprise him with a party (you only turn 30 once right?) Let me just say that it was way more stressful than I thought it would be because I was waiting for the surprise to be ruined every time someone would call and the closer it got, the worse it was. We had our families and friends meet at a restaurant and wait for us to arrive. We were a little later than planned but everyone was patient and although nobody saw us walk in to yell, 'Surprise!' I think that he was still surprised!
The cake turned out so great! It had a little bit of Jameson all over it with hobbies that he likes including: water skiing, weight lifting, playing Guitar Hero, cheering for the Pittsburgh Steelers, and working for Motorola. All the credit goes to my friend Betheny who spent so many hours getting the details just right for his cake. Thanks! Her website is: http://www.bitethecake.com/ The birthday boy!!

Hope you had a great birthday babe!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday, what a COOOL cake!

Anonymous said...

How nice of you to do that for him!! That cake is way cool!! I love how it says so much, very creative and a great idea! Looks like you guys had fun...!!

Amy said...

What a good wife you are:) Happy Birthday Jameson! I love the cake...Your trip to St. George looks so fun!

Angie said...

How fun! You're such a good wife. I had a thought in my head to do a big party for Zach's 30th b-day. But that's where it stayed . . . in my head. I never did it, so good work. All that worrying about someone spoiling the surprise, and then he didn't even get the big shout of "surprise". Kind of anti-climatic, eh? Oh well, I'm sure he still appreciated it. Looks like fun!!