Thursday, April 2, 2009

St. George

Last week the whole family went on a business trip with dad to St. George. It was the first time the whole fam has went with him for "business" and it was fun! Jaxon was the most excited the whole drive down there to swim and so we told him he could the minute we got there. Well, as luck would have it, it was COLD there and we had an outside pool. That didn't stop him though so the first night Jaxon, Brooklyn, and Jameson got in the warm pool (hot tub). Jaxon was in HEAVEN! Brooklyn was a little cold but she still loved it. They are best buddies! Gabe and I opted for snuggling up in a blanket on the sidelines. The next day Jameson had to go to a trade show all day so we mostly just hung out in the hotel. We started it out with "breakfast" (Pop Tarts-how healthy!) in bed while watching cartoons. I wasn't about to try to take 3 kids swimming by myself in the freezing wind. We met Jameson for lunch with his fellow workers so that was fun. When Jameson got done with work we drove to Hurricane to meet Grandma and Grandpa Whiting at their house where Grandpa and his friends were ready and waiting with their 4-wheelers. Grandpa wanted to take Jaxon out on his 4-wheeler and his friend was nice enough to let Jameson ride on one of his. I stayed back with Grandma, Brooklyn, and Gabe and played in their back yard. Jaxon had a BLAST and could have been gone all night! They got some amazing pictures while they were gone.
Here they are in the "Flintstone house". We had fun visiting and the kids had a fun time playing with Grandma and Grandpa while we were there.
The next day we went swimming again and it was even colder than it was the first day. Jaxon loved swimming and didn't mind but Brooklyn mostly just put her feet in and Gabe didn't want anything to do with it!
Wednesday night we went to dinner with our friends the Featherstones and then went to their house and caught up. I was so mad that I didn't get pictures of our kids playing together because Jaxon and Brooklyn played so well with their 3 boys. We went home on Thursday. It was really nice to get away with our little family!

4 comments:

Neese Family said...

What a fun trip! I don't think I will attempt a whole lot with three kids by myself for a while. I am sorry it wasn't warmer for you! I hope to see you when we are there in July!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had fun, I wish you could have gone to the Pirate Island!! But at least it was warm enough for swimming!! =) Cute pics!!

Wendy said...

Just seeing you in swimsuits makes me wish is was warm here! Pop tarts in bed looks good to me! I'm glad you had fun on your little get-away!

Amy Simms said...

How fun! I love St. George, ecspecially this time of year when it is still snowing here and should be WARMER! Too bad it wasn't a little warmer for you there, but looks like you had lots of fun anyway.