Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Confession time...

This picture might say it all for a few of you who share my passion for these little morsels but to those of you who don't, let me do my best to convince you to NOT try these because if you do, you will be, without a doubt ADDICTED FOR LIFE!!!
I LOVE Easter. I love the time of year, I love the meaning, I love the colors, I love the weather, and last but not least, I LOVE the candy!! It's pretty sad when I am scoping out which store has these things out first but, it's true I do! I wish I could remember the first time I had my first Cadbury Mini Egg....hmmm let me think...OH WAIT, I remember! Let me take you back.....It was 1999 and I had stopped by the grocery store after my college classes and needed some lunch to take to work. It was Easter candy season so I, of course couldn't pass up getting myself a treat. There it was, the purple bag I would soon be able to distinguish from a mile a way. I picked it up thinking that these might get me through a long day, never guessing by it's innocent flowery packaging the evil addictive powers that were in each egg. Off I went to work, my 7 hour shift in the grungy drive up of Alliance Credit Union. Seven hours with no lunch break made for a long day (how'd they get away with that anyway??) but I came prepared with my new find. The first bite was as if I'd tasted chocolate for the first time, chocolate with the same addictive powers of crack cocaine! I was hiding these bad boys so that no one would see the shamefulness of me shoving them in my face and so that I didn't have to share a one with ANYONE! Needless to say at this point, I left that night with a happy head, an unhappy stomach, a new addiction, and an empty bag.
Whew!! I feel better now! So many years of shame just out in the open! I'm curious though because there's NO WAY that I am the only one out there that's addicted-or maybe that's just wishful thinking. So, I want to know: Is anyone else is hooked on these things too? If so, we should collaborate and start an online business selling Cadbury Mini's during the "off" season!
Come on, confession time!!

16 comments:

TBird and Mikelle said...

Okay so I can join your crew of addicts! I absolutely love these..one question WHERE DID YOU FIND THEM ALREADY?

Jennifer and Jameson said...

Ha ha Mikelle! I'm glad I'm not the only one. I've found them most recently at Smiths.

Neese Family said...

I too am addicted to them. I always buy a bag for myself to hide and munch on when no one else is looking!

Wendy said...

Not addicted but they are good...I love Cadbury Carmel eggs.

Lisa said...

I agree, they are the best candy in the world. If I would have known, that you were hiding them that day, I probably would have raided your drawer! I love, love, love these!

Brett and Diana Cooper said...

I'd have to agree with Wendy...they would be even better with carmel...mmmmm

Anonymous said...

Jen first of all I wanted to say HAppy Birthday! I know I missed it in JAn 30 or 31st Anyway Happy Birthday!!! Second we are way to much alike, those little eggs are my biggest weakness. I could eat the whole bag in a day. It is best if I just dont buy them. Did I mention three kids is a handful and overwhelming??? I will call you lets get together in the next week or two forsure.

Anonymous said...

Ps this is Summer

The Coopers said...

Oh my, I started salivating as soon as I saw your picture of them, I'm not lying I really did. I think that probably means I am addicted!!! I foundered on them last season though, so I have to be careful this year and make sure I don't over do it! I loved your story, it makes me want to remember my first time. I think it was softball season of my senior year, but I could be off, but I vaguely remember the power of those little eggs, how we (whoever was with me) couldn't fathom how they were so amazing and so small and brought so much joy and happiness with every little crunchy/creamy bite! Oh I want some more than anything now!!!!!!!

BrianFam said...

Oh jen i can soooo relate, these things rule my life for the better part of the 3 months they are avaliable! Rob gave me these for my V-day gift that is how much i love them. I can't resist. I think that is why they don't have them for sale year round. They probably make a killing off of all of us who are addicts and know we can only buy them for a limited amount of time! It seems like my addiction started around the same time as yours I was in high school and got some for easter and have been addicted ever since! I must admit it is nice to see so many others share my problem!

Lisa said...

I bought a 2 1/2 pound bag yesterday at sam's for $8.00. Just thought I would let you know where a huge supply is.

Amy said...

I like those, but my real addiction is the Reeses peanut butter eggs. I was cracking up when I read your post because I too scope the stores for the first sign of Easter candy. Brads addiction is the big Cadbury Eggs.... I want in on your "online Easter candy store" :) Also I will let you know about the next class she is having (I think it is in March).

Amy Simms said...

Love them! I swear I gain 5 pounds every Easter because of these scrumptious little devils. Mmmmmmm. I know what I will be picking up at Sam's tomorrow!

Angie said...

I'm actually eating these as I'm reading this. HUGE problem for me. I hide them so I don't have to share with my kids (mean mom), and so that Zach doesn't know how many I have actually eaten!! When I found out that Easter was in April this year, my first thought honestly was, "Oh, good! That means a few more weeks of mini eggs!!!" I think I have a problem. I want in on the year-round deal. But maybe what I should be looking for is a support group!! My favorite thing to do, is put them on the heat vent for a few minutes and let the chocolate on the inside melt . . . MMMMMM! You may laugh, but try it! It's delish!!

The Birds said...

I LOVE THESE! I had to avoid the Easter aisle at Walmart on Saturday or I would have bought a bag and had them eaten already! I am still trying to get the Christmas weight off, I know I am a little behind. I have to stay away from these suckers until ten pounds are gone!!! So enjoy some for me!

Krislynn said...

I love Easter candy!!! I have to stock up on it, every time I go to the store I have to buy 2 pkgs of the starburst jellybeans for Bri and 2 bags of sixlets for me......