Monday, January 26, 2009

Our little Dee Dee

Brooklyn's birthday was on Saturday, the 24th and she turned 2!!! I can't believe she's two already..time flies!! I had an idea of what I wanted for her birthday along with the toys that I had held over for her from Christmas (don't January birthday's get gypped?). Jameson is always up for a home improvement project and he always does such a great job so I knew I didn't need to worry. We decided to paint and put bead board up in her room. She has been climbing out of her crib for some time now so I figured that it might be a good idea to get her a "big girl bed" anyway. So, we (well, Jameson) got it all done in time for her birthday. It looks great!!
We had to get a picture of her climbing just to remember it...



I think it turned out really cute and you gotta love all of my old bedroom furniture she's using!

She loved pushing around her dolly in her new shopping cart.She loves Dora but these boots were the only Dora thing she got from us other than....this professional looking cake ;) I tried, I really did. Jameson said it looked like a Simpsons character!! It kinda does but she liked it and knew who it was so, that's all that matters right??
We played pin the tail on the donkey too...

We're so thankful to have little Brooklyn in our family! She has such a cute personality and is so sweet to everyone she meets. She also has a little tough side to her too but I guess that's from living with two brothers. We love our little Brooky!!

Playing trucks with Jaxon while wearing her tutu.

10 comments:

Wendy said...

Her room turned out sooo cute!!! And I am impressed with the cake. I'm sure it took a lot of time. You have more patience than I do. :0)

The Coopers said...

I love the beadboard it looks awesome. And that is awesome that you did your own dora cake! Her tutu is awesome, did you make it?

The Coopers said...

Wow I overdosed on the AWESOME! haha

Krislynn said...

Jen..Broklynn is too cute...and ya gotta love those girls that only have brother's! Cute bedroom too....

Kami said...

Her bedroom turned out so cute! I actually think that her dora cake looks GREAT!

The Coopers said...

Yes, you will have to tell me how you did the tutu! Also I was worried about getting Jonas a bb gun but Kelly over ruled me. He can't ever use it without us though. But it still worries me because it could cause some damage to the eye. But what can you do, Kelly has been wanting to get him a bb gun forever.

Brett and Diana Cooper said...

Happy Bday Brooklyn!! Speaking of birthdays, isn't yours tomorrow?? Happy Bday to you too! Her room looks so cute! Way to go. If you tell Melanie the secret to your tutu making that would be "awesome!" (it must be a Cooper thing :)) Cause then I could get her to share it with me ;) We'll definitely have to give you a call when we are in town. We'd love to go to dinner with yall.

BrianFam said...

Brooklyn is a DOLL. Oh my gosh what a cutie. I can't believe she is 2 already time does fly by!

The Birds said...

I love the room! Tell your hubby, good job!! Funny thing Kenedy has that same bedding! You have goood taste! LOL!

Brittanny said...

what a cute room! you are so talented! And did you make that cute tutu she is wearing? What a cute little darling you have.