Friday, December 19, 2008

A week in Hawaii!!

So when I said that I've been busy, I forgot to mention that I had the chance to spend a week in Hawaii with my mom and sister Gina. I'm pretty sure I have the best husband EVER to let me go AND to watch the kids the whole time. We got a really good deal on a hotel (thanks Krystal!) and Jameson was generous enough to use his Sky Miles to "buy" a plane ticket for me and my mom. We rented a car for cheaper than normal (thanks Pace!) and I would say we were definitely HOOKED UP.
Some things we did were:
* Watched the Pipeline Masters North Shore surfing competition (amazing!)
* Shopped

* Spent time on the beach (I have no idea why it is highlighting that)

* Snorkeled Hanauma Bay

* Went sight-seeing

* Shopped some more

* Got lost a lot even with a GPS ??

* Ate-Lei lei's, Dukes, Rainbows, Mac 24/7, Ted's and many random "hole in the wall" places that were excellent!!

* Had lunch with Tufanga-a former mission companion of my brother Jacen and a player for Hawai'i's Rainbow Warriors Football team. His cousin also came along. (Go #'s 49 and 51!!)

* Chatted with some freakies (hot tub man and 50 year old dudes on bikes!)

* Spent time at the hotel's Internet cafe while watching the rain.

* Witnessed rain like I've never seen before-but hey, it was Hawaii so who cares right??

* Played Mexican train dominoes til the wee hours of the night-the same dominoes that almost cost me $90 because they put my suitcase over the weight limit!!! It was worth it though!

Here are some pics...


You can't really tell in this picture but the waves were pretty big. It was fun watching the professional surfers surf the famous North Shore waves.
Very pretty rainbow!


We had a very fun time and it was hard to leave my kids yet it was a much needed vacation. I was excited to get back home to them and not so excited to get back home to the snow!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

So jealous, well needed vacation I'm sure!!!

Krislynn said...

I would love to watch the pipeline competition!!! Your mom is so cute, I love that picture of her! I'm glad that you got to go & have so much fun!!!!

Lisa said...

Jen! I am so glad that you found me. Now we can keep up. Your little ones are so cute! How is life with 3?

We also went to Hawaii in October. I LOVE that place. I will for sure be checking your blog! Did you see Angie's? You can get to it from mine too.

Kristie said...

Did you survive with out your kids for a week? Ha ha! Looks like you had a ton of fun!